Wr450f

5 replies to this topic
  • mattf450f

Posted April 28, 2016 - 09:46 PM

I have this problem were my wr dosnt have any problems,2007 10,000ks on the clock dosnt use oil n no noise,just change the oil n filters n valve check .why does my wr keep going ?

• Pancho_Jsy

Posted April 29, 2016 - 02:09 AM

Very worrying. Maybe try fitting some cheap aftermarket parts from eBay or fiddling with the jetting?

• toten

Posted April 29, 2016 - 06:14 AM

Sounds like you aren't treating it well enough. It doesn't like to warm up with both wheels on the ground, and keeping rpm above 8000 would help it warm up quickly.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450crazy

Posted April 29, 2016 - 08:19 AM

I'm curious to see how the new 16 engine holds up. The earlier designs are bulletproof. The 01 426ers are still out there running like new.

• mattf450f

Posted April 29, 2016 - 06:55 PM

Very good advice,I also heard u take out the air filter n side covers on a dusty day to improve performance

• DrFeelGood

Posted May 03, 2016 - 09:30 AM

also, replace your motor oil with distilled water.  It's way cheaper and washes the inside of the engine as it's running!!!   :prof: 

Pro tip:  Add 1 cup of Dawn dish soap to the engine water for a super cool bubbles out the exhaust effect!!! 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.