Exhaust systems

34 replies to this topic
  • kadowrf450

Posted April 28, 2016 - 05:09 PM

I'm in Australia and have a 07 wr450f.motard that I also convert to dirt for trail and track riding and am Looking for people's reviews for best all round performance exhaust. Full or just a slip on
I'm not out to set any race records or anything just after a bit more grunt, style and sound. Cheers.

• Northern Pride

Posted April 28, 2016 - 05:11 PM

Fmf powerbomb with fmf powercore

• stevethe

Posted April 28, 2016 - 05:15 PM

Just about any straight through perforated core slip on or full exhaust works. Which is about what all of them amount to. Pick one.

By the way whatever the power bombs do down low appear to loose up top.

• kadowrf450

Posted April 28, 2016 - 06:12 PM

Yeah was thinking fmf but there's shitloads of others that really seem to just do the same thing. Cheers.

• The Hedgehog

Posted May 10, 2016 - 07:22 PM

I have the Dr D and really like it. It really smoothed out the power and added some as well.

• kadowrf450

Posted May 12, 2016 - 09:23 PM

Does anyone think the fmf powercore 4 is too load for street use

• The Hedgehog

Posted May 13, 2016 - 06:59 AM

Does anyone think the fmf powercore 4 is too load for street use

Depends on where you live. My friend has one. The full pipe and powercore with fresh packing and a spark arrestor is not too bad.

No spark arrestor and worn out packing is on the loud side.

• toten

Posted May 13, 2016 - 08:38 AM

I prefer relatively quiet, it lets me get away with more.

• Zbackcountry

Posted May 13, 2016 - 09:38 AM

Loud exhausts save lives

• toten

Posted May 13, 2016 - 09:55 AM

That isn't my experience. Noise mostly goes behind you, while most threats are in front of you. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted May 13, 2016 - 10:50 AM

Powercore 4 should not be too loud. We use the 4.1 with a spark aressotor on the street. But as said make sure your packing is not blown out.

Edited by stevethe, May 13, 2016 - 10:51 AM.

• kadowrf450

Posted May 13, 2016 - 01:51 PM

Thanks guys. I just don't need the hassle from the cops over it. I've watched a few you tube videos and it does sound good but it's hard to tell exactly how loud it is

• Zbackcountry

Posted May 13, 2016 - 04:36 PM

That isn't my experience. Noise mostly goes behind you, while most threats are in front of you.

Its not an opinion... Loud exhausts save lives!

Its harder to hear from the front, so the louder it is, the easier (slightly) it will be to hear. It matters most when that little old lady doesnt see your bike, but heard that monsterous exhaust pipe. Or especially when youre lanesharing.

Off road, I like quiet exhaust. The quieter, the better.

In my experience with street bikes and exhaust, ive never had a cop bother me with full yoshi systems (florida, nevada/cali, Massachusetts)

Edited by Zbackcountry, May 13, 2016 - 04:39 PM.

• toten

Posted May 13, 2016 - 07:19 PM

If it's "not an opinion", could you provide a source that backs it up (meaning some sort of study), or are you just convinced based on your experience?

• Agazza

Posted May 13, 2016 - 09:49 PM

A YZ header and a modded original can. Renovering the peashooter and drill some new holes through the 3 Chambers.

Quiet, cheap

• Zbackcountry

Posted May 14, 2016 - 10:19 AM

If it's "not an opinion", could you provide a source that backs it up (meaning some sort of study), or are you just convinced based on your experience?

Look up "loud exhaust saves lives" on youtube. Idk if I would call that proof, because it's hard to prove in the real world. Its proven through scientific law..

If your heard sooner than later, theoretically it should help people see you too. Some youtube videos provide evidence

Edited by Zbackcountry, May 14, 2016 - 10:20 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 14, 2016 - 11:01 AM

Dubach Racing (MX series) for racing.

Ducach Racing (Baja series) for not racing.

• toten

Posted May 14, 2016 - 12:29 PM

Look up "loud exhaust saves lives" on youtube. Idk if I would call that proof, because it's hard to prove in the real world. Its proven through scientific law..

If your heard sooner than later, theoretically it should help people see you too. Some youtube videos provide evidence

In other words, no specific evidence, and another claim of "it's proven through scientific law" without providing any evidence of it. 

• Zbackcountry

Posted May 14, 2016 - 12:32 PM

In other words, no specific evidence, and another claim of "it's proven through scientific law" without providing any evidence of it.

Louder sounds (within our range of hearing) will be easier to hear. INCREASING OTHER PEOPLES AWARENESS. How does that not make sense to you?

Edited by Zbackcountry, May 14, 2016 - 12:33 PM.

• toten

Posted May 14, 2016 - 12:33 PM

Dubach Racing (MX series) for racing.

Ducach Racing (Baja series) for not racing.

I can't find anything about their Baja Series, only MX (and I suspect you mean Dubach for both). Is it the same pipe with a quiet insert of some sort?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.