Help with Breather Hose "T" mod

5 replies to this topic
  • eBayThumper

Posted March 23, 2002 - 11:01 AM

Hey All,

I recently heard that some of you have placed a T in the breather hose so in case you get into deep water the hose will not suck up water. I would like to know what type of "t" you all have used.

I guess I could just go for it but if you have a slick fitting solution please share...

Thanks as always and Ride On...

J

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 23, 2002 - 11:41 AM

:) I use earl grey with a twist of lemon
Dang laptop keeps updating me every time My hands croses the pad.

as I was saying, With that I also just run WFO this causes the hydroplane effect and submersion is never a factor. the only people I notice under water are squids

[ March 23, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• keith

Posted March 23, 2002 - 11:51 AM

i found some tee fittings at Home Depot , in the sprinkler section . they were for a plant watering system , and have held up so far . Applied Racing makes an 8mm crankcase vent filter. it looks like it could work , i wonder if anyone has tried one , and what were the results ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtdad

Posted March 23, 2002 - 12:55 PM

go here: http://www.unruhly.n...info/index.html

search down the page. I think what you're looking for may be referenced there.

• sirthumpalot

Posted March 24, 2002 - 05:19 AM

I don't know first hand, but I've heard that some people get the Ts at a pet store which has aquarium equipment (they're used for the areators). I heard this a long time ago and I have no idea if they have Ts that will fit the size hose that is on our carbs, but it's worth a shot if you cannot find it anywhere else.

• eBayThumper

Posted March 26, 2002 - 07:38 AM

:D Thanks All,

Ego, If I hadn't read several of your other posts, I'd take offense to that comment :D Ego is the "I" in team and there aint one!

Keith, Dirtdad, and sirthumpalot,
Thanks for your input. I was thinking of just cutting the breather shorter but I think I'll try to find a fitting at the Depot that will fit.

I wasn't even thinking of the carb breathers...I didn't know they 'sucked' too :)

I like the re-route into the airbox thing...that's pretty slick...I wonder if there is any conflict of interests there...there's lots of suction in that box.

Anyway, I'll probably give it a try and see what happens.

WFO on Earl Grey Tea...sounds like a real hellion!

Take Care All,
J

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.