wiring a lanyard kill-switch into '07 WR450F

No replies to this topic
  • Pancho_Jsy

Posted April 25, 2016 - 02:30 AM

Hi all,

I need to fit a lanyard style kill cord to my WR for beach racing. Usually I would fit it straight to the coil terminal or replace the stock kill-switch but that's not an option on my 450 due to the stick type coil and proper switch gear. Before I piggyback a connector onto the existing kill-switch wiring does anyone know it there's connectors already in place to do the job?

I ask because these bikes run two separate looms and the switch gear is wired to the accessory harness. Does the main harness have a connector/connectors to plug in a kill switch? 

I could strip all the bodywork off to hunt for where the accessory harness meets the main harness but I might as well save time and ask on here

TIA

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0710.JPG

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.