Help with hubs and axels...

No replies to this topic
  • rwhitlock

Posted March 10, 2004 - 09:53 AM

Hello all..

I am looking at buying a used WR rear wheel to use as a spare and or mount a paddle on. I will be using this wheel for my hill climbing. I have custom extensions and a longer axel that goes with it. The axel size is roughly 7/8" (not sure of the milimeters..).

Then it hit me... does the WR have a larger diameter (sp?) axel/hub? I know the newer YZ250 (2-strokes) and YZF 450's have a larger one. Just don't want a big surprise when I slide the axel thru and find out there is some slop..

If anyone out there has a minute, measure the diameter of their WR axel and post the results here. My local dealer is clueless to figure out how to check...

Thanks again,

Rod

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.