How to change counter shaft seal.

1 reply to this topic
  • XR/CRDave

Posted March 10, 2004 - 09:04 AM

My 00650R just blew the counter shaft seal last weekend at Ocotillo Wells. Still had oil when I checked it at camp, about half full, so I do not think any damage was done. How do I change the seal?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • larry650

Posted March 10, 2004 - 03:07 PM

Remove the drive sprocket cover and chain guard, remove the chain from the sprockets, remove the drive sprocket setting plate bolts,setting plate, and drive sprocket. Take your internal snap ring plier and remove the snapring, and gently pry out the seal. Find a socket about the size of the new seal and tap it into place. Put a little oil on the new seal too. I did this about 3 months and its pretty easy to accomplish.IMHO :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.