GYTR insert

7 replies to this topic
  • hubbard50

Posted April 22, 2016 - 10:40 AM

I have a 2016 wr 450 with the competition kit installed and was thinking of putting a aftermarket silencer on it. Then a saw that there is a GYTR quiet performance wr muffler insert offered by Yamaha. Does anyone know if the insert is any different in performance than the un corked stock  silencer?

• asb77

Posted April 24, 2016 - 11:19 AM

I've been watching this question for the last couple of days hoping someone with experience will answer as I just got a 2016 and am figuring out what I want to do.  I did find a review on amazon for the 2012 model where the reviewer said the GYTR insert is bigger than a modified stock one.  Hopefully someone with the new model tell us if this is true for 16s.

• DRZ04

Posted April 25, 2016 - 09:29 PM

Everything I have heard is that the stock silencer is restrictive. I have the  GYTR FMF silencer on my '13 with the spark arrester inserted and the GYTR programmable ECU. Not sure how this would correlate to the '16 but it sure works good on my '13.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 25, 2016 - 10:04 PM

If the 2016 is anything like the previous years, the WR stock muffler has a 'Krizman' style Spark Arresstor muffler.

This means that it is not 'straight through' even after you replace the exit tip.  It has mechanical baffles inside for spark capture and noise capture.

This makes the idle - 3000 rpm noise lower too, regardless of the tip modifications.

Changing the tip will improve the flow, but it's still not  a 'tuned' exhuast, and never will be.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motodisiac

Posted April 27, 2016 - 08:11 PM

I actually got this exhaust tip for my 2016 and I'm happy with the results. It is just a tiny bit louder than stock derestricted cap and not as loud as full performance muffler. When you compare the size it's probably 30% bigger. I like my bike quiet. When I learn to use all the power it makes I will start thinking about performance mufflers. For now I'm fast C Rider

• hubbard50

Posted April 28, 2016 - 02:01 AM

Thanks motodisiac.

• 450crazy

Posted April 28, 2016 - 03:56 AM

I have a 15 WR450 and took out the screen and pea shooter. Not very loud at all and very happy with the power increase.

• AZ Desert Dog

Posted May 03, 2016 - 02:56 PM

I have a 2016 wr 450 with the competition kit installed and was thinking of putting a aftermarket silencer on it. Then a saw that there is a GYTR quiet performance wr muffler insert offered by Yamaha. Does anyone know if the insert is any different in performance than the un corked stock  silencer?

I installed the GYTR insert in and it made a big difference from the pea shooter on my 2014. If you ride in an area that is noise sensitive it is a great option plus it is cheap at less than $50. I would get the insert and by a GYTR power tuner with the money you save.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.