Advanced ignition maps

No replies to this topic
  • stevethe

Posted April 21, 2016 - 05:35 AM

Anyone tried running nearly all +4's in the ignition on a tuner map. I tried this map and it seemed to give the bike a lot of pep in my 2016 WR450. I could imagine the previous fuel injected WR might start with a similar advance and then + to a similar finished advance when at +4. It doesn't seem as if there is any pinging at all. I'm not sure if Yamaha would design the tuner to put too much advance in the bike.

Note: Obviously I am running premium fuel but straight from the pump and there is some fuel + in there. So far I have only tested it for 9 miles or so in Rower flats where there is a slightly rocky at times uphill loop trail.

wr%20map_zps&%$#@!rii1b.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.