Bar risers

4 replies to this topic
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted March 10, 2004 - 05:18 AM

Just to let you guys know that if you have aftermarket bars that are 7/8 and want bar risers and don't want to go to the expense of changing the top clamp www.genmar.com has some darned nice risers that work real well for getting the bars up. They actually feel more comfortable when standing.
Jim

• N7SLC

Posted March 10, 2004 - 05:42 AM

Isn't that a boating outfit? :)

There's a set of 7/8" risers made by a guy in the DR forum that are
just awesome. I wonder if they'd fit a WR?? :D

Here's the link: BigDR Bar Risers

I have a set and they are nice...

Hmm... :D the 1st TT member to have a WR450F. Can you PROVE
it?? :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted March 10, 2004 - 06:51 AM

Yeah, sorry guys. That IS the wrong web address. It should be www.genmarmfg.com Sorry about that. :)
Jim

• Gordingull

Posted March 10, 2004 - 06:56 AM

You can also for minor raising buy another top clamp, and put that on reverse under the bars, you will probebly need bigger screws also, works great :)

• N7SLC

Posted March 10, 2004 - 08:42 AM

You can also for minor raising buy another top clamp, and put that on reverse under the bars, you will probebly need bigger screws also, works great :D

That's a good idea. :)

My BigDR risers raise the bars 1.5" and move them forward 1.375".

I wonder how the bike would feel if the bars were raised but not
moved forward? Would the rider's "box" get smaller?? :D

Interesting...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.