Getting a key

1 reply to this topic
  • Hypheriox

Posted April 18, 2016 - 07:59 PM

So i have ran into an issue of finding a keyed ignition switch for my 03 wr450. All of the ones that I find have the wrong plug on the end. I tried splicing one and ended up messing up the stock ignition so now the electric start doesnt work and the light on it will not light up. I just need to know if I just need to get the stock button back or if there is a key for it and a link to it please.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toten

Posted April 19, 2016 - 06:04 AM

I used a Baja Designs keyed ignition. My recollection is that I just unplugged the rocker switch, moved some pins around on the BD plug, and plugged it in. I found a guide on how to do it somewhere. It didn't require any modification of the factory harness.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.