Ordering own parts? For a 2008 yz450f

6 replies to this topic
  • 08yz450f23

Posted April 18, 2016 - 07:41 PM

So I was looking to order new can chains off rocky mt atv and it asked me if I had one of the three models (fx, fxl, fxw)

How do I determine?

• stevethe

Posted April 19, 2016 - 04:54 AM

Non of the above. There was two models of YZ450 a standard one and a white limited edition one. Either model has the same chain and sprockets.

• grayracer513

Posted April 19, 2016 - 06:08 AM

The "L" refers to blue, and the "W" to white, but the "X" has no place in the question.  In the case of the chain and sprockets, none of that matters because as Steve said, they all use the same ones.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toten

Posted April 19, 2016 - 07:18 AM

This is pretty much the equivalent of an auto parts store asking what engine you have in order to sell you wiper blades. 

Go with a good chain, not the cheapest option. A good chain costs less in the long run than a cheap chain.

• Wiz636

Posted April 19, 2016 - 08:02 PM

Are you talking about drive chain or cam chain?

Either way it doesn't matter, it's the same between the different sub-models

• grayracer513

Posted April 19, 2016 - 08:08 PM

This is pretty much the equivalent of an auto parts store asking what engine you have in order to sell you wiper blades. 

I once had the parts guy at the Chevy store ask me if the Corvette I wanted a driveshaft for had power seats.  There were actually two different shafts.  Never found out why, but you should have been there when he asked me that.

• jamiehughes

Posted April 20, 2016 - 06:17 AM

i work in a parts store and sometimes the manufacturers do ask some weird questions, but sometimes those silly questions are just in-experienced counter peeps.. the computer look up programs promt them to ask these questions and unless they know for sure it doesn't make a difference they have to ask. 

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.