Pilot screw-No manual

3 replies to this topic
  • r_dawg1021

Posted March 09, 2004 - 07:41 PM

Stupid question I know. I think I know where it's at without the manual but there doesnt seem to be any room for a small flathead. Could someone look at the screen shot I have from an '03 manual and tell kind of where it's at? I see the idle speed knob and I am thinking it's almost directly behind it if I follow the cable around to the front of the carb. Any help is appreciated, my dealer forgot to give me my manual(getting it this weekend hopefully) and I'm not hip to carbs.

www.adrenalinegeek.com/pilot%20screw.bmp

• sjwr450

Posted March 09, 2004 - 07:57 PM

Thats it, the carb must be loosened and pulled out to adjust. Might look at an adjustable screw from Zip-tyracing.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • r_dawg1021

Posted March 09, 2004 - 08:00 PM

Perfect, thanks SJ.

• RichBaker

Posted March 09, 2004 - 09:53 PM

This is where one of the extended fuel screws come in handy, I have Zip Ty(Aluminum) but I think one of the brass ones, such as the Scotts or Kouba would be better. There've been a couple instances reported of the tip breaking off the Al screws... :D :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.