blinkers not blinking after rain

5 replies to this topic
  • kebab

Posted April 16, 2016 - 06:31 PM

Ever since leaving my bike in a small rain my blinkers do not blink. They just stay constant and on; on the correct side, just without flashing. Prior to the rain they worked swell. They are LED Baja designs. Is it possible for the rain to 'short' the electronic flasher? Is my best bet replacing the flasher? Also, on the BD kit, is the flasher the small black box next to the battery behind the headlight? Bike is a 2001 wr426f if that matters. Sorry if I posted incorrectly and thanks in advance.

• kebab

Posted April 17, 2016 - 10:38 AM

anybody? :-)

• stevethe

Posted April 17, 2016 - 01:26 PM

You might be able to get a electronic flasher at the auto parts store to try.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 17, 2016 - 04:03 PM

Ever since leaving my bike in a small rain my blinkers do not blink. They just stay constant and on; on the correct side, just without flashing. Prior to the rain they worked swell. They are LED Baja designs. Is it possible for the rain to 'short' the electronic flasher? Is my best bet replacing the flasher? Also, on the BD kit, is the flasher the small black box next to the battery behind the headlight? Bike is a 2001 wr426f if that matters. Sorry if I posted incorrectly and thanks in advance.

WD-40 every switch and device in the circuit of the turn signals.....sorry, 'blinkers'.....

• kebab

Posted April 17, 2016 - 05:17 PM

WD-40 every switch and device in the circuit of the turn signals.....sorry, 'blinkers'.....

Thanks, I'll try that out. no apology necessary friend

• mattf450f

Posted April 28, 2016 - 11:25 PM

I now with 07 my blinkers stop for no reason,turns out their is 2 parts to the stator Ac n dc, Ac runs lights n wot not dc is battery,auto elec wired lights to dc,no problems,right fix is new stator but all good for now other than head light flashes a bit,

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.