Chain wear on sub-frame and frame

7 replies to this topic
  • Ronnie Mac

Posted March 09, 2004 - 06:56 PM

After seeing wear, and hearing the slaps on the sub and main frame, :) I adjusted the chain to the min slack. It took care of it, exept under low rpm excel. Anyone have a cure for this?

• tctrailrider

Posted March 10, 2004 - 02:30 AM

Anyone have a cure for this?

http://motoman393.thumpertalk.com/
Check the Tech articles, his correction works great. :)

• ddialogue

Posted March 10, 2004 - 02:05 PM

As previous post shows, there is a link to Motoman393's forum for a quick, cheap fix. You can also replace the stock swingarm buffer with one from TMDesignworks. Twice as thick and doesn't shuffle back and forth like the stocker does.

• wrooster

Posted March 10, 2004 - 06:24 PM

http://www.thumperfa...hain_slider.htm

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ronnie Mac

Posted March 10, 2004 - 08:29 PM

Thanks everyone for your response.I will let you all know if this mod works for me. It might be a day or to to let this cold air to pass threw. Thanks again for your time. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 19, 2004 - 04:43 PM

Ditto Dave. I have had my TM design slider on for almost a year. It does not slide and does very well at protecting the swingarm. It is very thick compared to the stock unit. :)

• Ronnie Mac

Posted March 19, 2004 - 07:04 PM

Hey Indy most of the wear is on the alum sub-fram suport,left of the swing arm. Is this the wear everyone else is talking about? On mine the chain slaps to the side. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 20, 2004 - 08:36 PM

No they are talking about the actual swingarm wearing under the stock slider due to chain slap and the fact that the stock unit slides around a lot. Your issue is something different. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.