08 yz450f

5 replies to this topic
  • Yamahajoe292

Posted April 15, 2016 - 04:50 PM

Just traded my 02 crf450r for a 08 yz450f and so far I love it, it's already sprung for my weight, needs new grips and graphics but is there any weak spots on these bikes and what are some good mods?

• stevethe

Posted April 15, 2016 - 05:00 PM

Nothing wrong with the 08 YZ. I would put a pro Moto billet end on the muffler and knock out the baffles. Send the carb to Zipty racing for all the mods and get the emulsion tube working in the fcr carb.

• cesper

Posted April 15, 2016 - 05:47 PM

Lots of good info on the FAQ sticky. Check you chain rub plate and swing arm. The '07 I just bought is SUPER clean and well maintained, but the owner did not ever check under the rub plate and the swing arm does have minor wear that could be problematic had I not noticed it now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamahajoe292

Posted April 15, 2016 - 09:32 PM

Lots of good info on the FAQ sticky. Check you chain rub plate and swing arm. The '07 I just bought is SUPER clean and well maintained, but the owner did not ever check under the rub plate and the swing arm does have minor wear that could be problematic had I not noticed it now.

The slider is wore but I've ordered a new TM designworks chain slider and guide. Swingarm doesn't seem to be hurt though.

• Yamahajoe292

Posted April 15, 2016 - 09:34 PM

One thing I have noticed is the power delivery is a lot smoother and more manageable on this bike than my crf and that's what I like most about it.

• Treeyz450

Posted April 16, 2016 - 08:09 PM

Just traded my 02 crf450r for a 08 yz450f and so far I love it, it's already sprung for my weight, needs new grips and graphics but is there any weak spots on these bikes and what are some good mods?

I put an FMF 4.1 muffler with the power bomb header, went bigger on the rear sprocket by 2 teeth, and it is a totally different animal!!!! The power is still smooth, just comes on WAAAAAAY better in the low end and midrange.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.