Removing stock exhaust on YZ450FX

6 replies to this topic
  • KY_TM

Posted April 13, 2016 - 05:57 PM

Can't get the #2 section off of my bike. The manual says to remove the starter. Does anyone have the secret to getting the pipe off without removing the starter? Thanks.

• stevethe

Posted April 13, 2016 - 05:59 PM

Yes you don't need to remove the starter. The pipe pulls from the right side and it's just real tight. I should mention that's on the 2016 WR450 however likely identical on the fx.

Edited by stevethe, April 13, 2016 - 06:02 PM.

• KY_TM

Posted April 13, 2016 - 06:16 PM

I walked away from it. I'll see what tomorrow brings. Every attempt I made just couldn't find a path out!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted April 13, 2016 - 06:20 PM

I had pretty much the same experience. One hard pull did it out the right but line it up first.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 14, 2016 - 05:42 AM

I had pretty much the same experience. One hard pull did it out the right but line it up first.

:devil:

• jrusher

Posted April 14, 2016 - 08:05 AM

Can't get the #2 section off of my bike. The manual says to remove the starter. Does anyone have the secret to getting the pipe off without removing the starter? Thanks.

It comes off prett easy alittle tight. I put a FMF full system on this winter its abit of a pain getting the front piece on above the starter but fits by with alittle force and twisting. The second time i had it off and on did some engine work to bike, i pulled the starter heat shield off it gave me more remove to get it in place 

• KY_TM

Posted April 16, 2016 - 04:13 AM

Got it off with the heat shield removed. Talk about a close fit...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.