seat cover repair kit

3 replies to this topic
  • Punkinhead

Posted March 09, 2004 - 02:01 PM

Are there any good seat cover repair kits that anyone can recommend? My kids Z50 seat cover is torn and I don't really want to spend $40+ on a new cover that he's going to go tear again.

• maco

Posted March 11, 2004 - 12:16 PM

I've read about the GOO product and good results.They have a marine one that might do it.Can't remember what we used for an"L" shaped rip but a good vinyl patch that comes with a flexible plastic insert to go between the cover and foam is the way to go

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted March 11, 2004 - 01:15 PM

I have used shoe goo with good results.

• snb73

Posted March 11, 2004 - 02:14 PM

Punkinhead,

I had the same problem on my RM-250, seat was ripped but didnt want to buy a new cover yet. Before I removed the seat and cover, I placed a peice of tape over the rip. This holds the rip in place for repair. I went to the locale fabric store and purchased some vinyl seat cover material to make a patch. I turned the seat cover inside-out and glued the patch on the inside with some 3M spray adhesive. Shoe-goo would be great too. If you have a boat top/canvas maker near by, he could sew the patch in pretty inexpensively. Try an asian taylor, they can do wonders with a sewing machine.

Hope this helps, Steve.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda CRF250R 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF250R 2015
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Justwant2ride
  • On September 17, 2014
Forums
Photo

Why are XCF's so rare? by heavenstrails

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • 13 replies
Forums
Photo

best looking trail bike. by pain99

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  232 replies
Forums
Photo

2014 350rr factory for technical woods by dustyec300

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • 6 replies
Reviews

KTM 300 XC-W 2015 by Bryan Bosch

KTM 300 XC-W 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.