Rekluse Clutch Cover: More Oil Required?

4 replies to this topic
  • CSAR FE

Posted April 09, 2016 - 05:12 PM

I just put a Rekluse Core EXP 3.0 in my bike and noticed the oil level is lower, which I'm sure comes from the additional volume of the new clutch cover. How much oil have you guys found that you needed to add to make up for this? I usually put in around 690cc of oil in when I do an oil change. Bike is a 16 YZ450F.

• blbills

Posted April 09, 2016 - 06:54 PM

I just changed my oil on my 16 450FX with core exp and put in exactly what the manual stated and it came out perfectly.  

Not sure the the clutch cover gives you any additional oil volume as it's used up by the exp.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CSAR FE

Posted April 09, 2016 - 06:57 PM

Makes sense. Maybe I lost a little bit in what was stuck to the long ass funnel I used.

• grayracer513

Posted April 09, 2016 - 08:14 PM

The deeper cover is above the normal oil level, so it adds no more capacity.

• CSAR FE

Posted April 10, 2016 - 01:41 PM

Thanks gray. I have the entire right side engine case off because I put a boyesen supercooler on when I put the rekluse in as well, so that may account for the extra oil I had to put in.

First ride on the rekluse today and I must say, it's probably one of the absolute best upgrades I have done to my bike, period. Worth every penny.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.