Gytr tuner for a 13 yz450f, is it worth it? For woods?

7 replies to this topic
  • colerlone

Posted April 09, 2016 - 03:53 PM

This bike is crazy fast, can i tame down the hit off idle? I mainly ridr trails, n the steep climbs r where it gives me problems. Thanks!

• 15thumper

Posted April 09, 2016 - 05:15 PM

Put a 45 rear sprocket on it

• stevethe

Posted April 09, 2016 - 05:31 PM

I would do the opposite on gearing as in a larger rear sprocket. You can also play with the tuner. I have found advancing the timing better for me. But I would go both ways with the tuner to see what you like. It's also likely you just need lots of seat time?

• colerlone

Posted April 09, 2016 - 05:40 PM

I just came off an 08 yz450f, it was super easy to ride. On the other hand, i just finished fiddling with my rekluse z start pro, gonna try it out tomorrow on some harder climbs

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WouldsAssassin

Posted April 09, 2016 - 06:08 PM

Yes, or make friends with someone that has one and lets you spend a day tuning with it. An off road flywheel is another offroad essential. Dont think about it, just buy it.

• colerlone

Posted April 11, 2016 - 08:49 AM

I tuned my rekluse z start farther and i dont think it's nearly as bad. But i haven't tried any steep hills with no run ins yet. That's about the only spot i think it feels too powerful too quickly. I was told the tuners will only work on one bike after it's hooked up. I may stilk order one I'll see

• grayracer513

Posted April 11, 2016 - 08:59 AM

The GYT-R tuner will work on any number of bikes, but any stored maps can only be expected to work the same on the same year and model as the one they written for.

• Cyclemedic

Posted April 11, 2016 - 09:11 AM

It's worth riding if you ride a lot of different soil and track conditions. If you ride the same terrain or places, barrow one and find a map you like. I love my tuner, I have specific maps I use at different tracks.

Edited by Cyclemedic, April 11, 2016 - 09:12 AM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.