2014 450 Silencer Repack Question

3 replies to this topic
  • savagex

Posted April 09, 2016 - 02:06 PM

I am in the process of repacking my silencer on the 2014 YZ 450.  Should I reuse the metal mesh wrap (2nd from the left in the picture) that slips on the inner pipe then wrap the new packing around it OR just wrap the new packing around the inner pipe?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• 2016-04-09 14.58.41.jpg

• grayracer513

Posted April 09, 2016 - 08:22 PM

Use the mesh.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • savagex

Posted April 09, 2016 - 10:11 PM

Thanks Grey! I started to put it back together using the mesh, and I am having the damnedest time getting the non riveted end back in the canister. I even tried it with out the packing and still couldn't get it. Seems that they didn't design it with any type of lead in. Do you have any tips on how to put it back together?

I was trying to not remove the rivets if I didnt have to

• savagex

Posted April 10, 2016 - 07:34 PM

I was able to get the canister back together.

If anyone else encounters a miss alignment problem, you can use a wood clamp to squeeze the canister to make the two pieces fit together. 

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.