Yz426

10 replies to this topic
  • whitted

Posted April 07, 2016 - 04:46 PM

I just bought a 01 yz 426 from a guy and I took it out for the first time it rose great for about 20 min then just died on me then it would start but only for a couple seconds and if I tried to Rev it it just bogged down anyone have any ideas what it could be possibly bad gas I'm not sure

• dirtpaw12

Posted April 07, 2016 - 04:50 PM

I just bought a 01 yz 426 from a guy and I took it out for the first time it rose great for about 20 min then just died on me then it would start but only for a couple seconds and if I tried to Rev it it just bogged down anyone have any ideas what it could be possibly bad gas I'm not sure

Will it idle?

• whitted

Posted April 07, 2016 - 04:53 PM

At first it would idle for about 15 seconds then die and it would bog when I tried to give it gas so I tried to start it for about a half hr then turned the gas off and turned it back on then it started and ran good and I haven't had a chance to ride it since I drained all the fuel out of it

• dirtpaw12

Posted April 07, 2016 - 04:56 PM

At first it would idle for about 15 seconds then die and it would bog when I tried to give it gas so I tried to start it for about a half hr then turned the gas off and turned it back on then it started and ran good and I haven't had a chance to ride it since I drained all the fuel out of it

Hmm... Fuel line may just have had a blockage but you should probably give it a good carb clean anyway since its a used bike.

• whitted

Posted April 07, 2016 - 04:58 PM

Ya that's kinda what I was thinking it was really weird is there any additive I can run in my fuel to help clean it out

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtpaw12

Posted April 07, 2016 - 05:07 PM

You could try the Gumout cleaner but I would just clean the carb and hit those jets with some compressed air or some solder wire.

• whitted

Posted April 08, 2016 - 05:08 AM

Alright il try it

• toten

Posted April 08, 2016 - 08:27 AM

Additives will help, but it's very unlikely that they'll clean it out enough to stop it from stalling if it already does. They take time. 

And I agree, check your fuel line too.

• whitted

Posted April 08, 2016 - 08:58 AM

Thanks guys il check it out this weekend

• whitted

Posted April 10, 2016 - 09:47 AM

My bike will sit and idle for as long as it wants but when I go to ride it I get about a mile and it wants to bog down feels like it's getting to much fuel any ideas why that would be

• ttreewalkerr

Posted April 11, 2016 - 04:12 AM

Check tank vent tube

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.