What kind of brake fluid are you guys using ?

2 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted March 09, 2004 - 08:19 AM

Dohhh ! My front brakes are gettin a little squishy. What brand of fluid you guys using? Motorcycle specific or auto kind. I know, this is just like them oil threads.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tim_in_WA

Posted March 09, 2004 - 08:27 AM

I use Motul Racing 600 Dot 4 fluid. Very high quality and high boiling point. Valvoline synthetic is also excellent.

As for your "squishy" brake, a little trick that helps get air out of the line is to compress your brake lever and put a clamp, or bungy cord, on it overnight. It lets any air in the brake line purge itself out through the resevoir. Also helps if you can lower the very top of the brake line where it sticks up above the front number plate and get it below the resevoir so any air won't get stuck in the high spot of the brake line.

Posted March 09, 2004 - 11:07 AM

Motul oils and brake fluid! :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.