Water for coolant, been a little cold the last few nights.

3 replies to this topic
  • slasher729

Posted April 05, 2016 - 06:58 AM

I have been having an issue with leaking gaskets so instead of wasting engine ice i put water in it just to check if its leaking before i have to tear it down again. It has been below freezing for a few nights, the bike is in my garage should i drain it before i crack the head or something?

• toten

Posted April 05, 2016 - 08:18 AM

How cold is the garage getting? It takes being significantly below freezing for a while in order to cause damage, but draining is a good idea.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slasher729

Posted April 05, 2016 - 08:44 AM

How cold is the garage getting? It takes being significantly below freezing for a while in order to cause damage, but draining is a good idea.

It's hard to say but a little warmer then outside. Last night it was a cool 20* and i was sitting in bed like oh shit. Well i freaked out and left work just now and changed it and took it for a ride and it wasn't shooting coolant so i'm pretty sure i'm good. We'll see when i ride it for a little longer. 

• toten

Posted April 05, 2016 - 12:27 PM

A lazy thing is to take a normal lightbulb (that uses power vs the new low power ones), tape/ziptie it to the bottom of the engine case, then drape a blanket or four over the bike.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.