Replace fork seals and fork oil on 07 wr450

3 replies to this topic
  • kadowrf450

Posted April 03, 2016 - 03:57 PM

Hi guys I'm new to the forum I'm in Australia and was after some advice on changing my fork seals and replacing the oil on my 07 wr450.
I've heard some say it's simple but I've also heard I might need some specialty tools Should I just book it in to get done or is it not that difficult. Cheers.

• The Hedgehog

Posted April 03, 2016 - 05:35 PM

You can buy am OEM seal kit. It has all of rat seals and bushings you will need. Tusk makes a seal driver and boot that you use to slip the seal on and drive it in.

There is also a special measuring tool. I used a syringe, rubber tube and a rod that I marked to refill the oil to the proper level.

There are several videos. I think Rocky Mointain AtV MC has one. Search around here. There is a better one somewhere. The videos are way easier than trying the manual (which is handy to have as well).

The first one took me around an hour or so. I was really cautious. The second fork took about 15 minutes. It is actually pretty easy. A workbench that will clamp down on the fork is nice if you don't have a helper around.

Do it......it is not tough!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kadowrf450

Posted April 03, 2016 - 07:40 PM

No worries mate thanks for your help. I'll see how I go. Cheers.

• mattf450f

Posted April 06, 2016 - 11:22 PM

Tighten n undo the top fork nut with triple tress holding it n as for a seal driver cutt a piece of pvc the same size as seal n drive it in u can even push it in carefully with a rag over a tool that fits up the tube as long as u can get the clip on , no specific tools needed just take ur time n put things in order for re-assembly

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.