03 WR jetting for off idle?

1 reply to this topic
  • Racer577

Posted March 09, 2004 - 03:45 AM

I just picked up a leftover 03 WR 450 last week and have a miss while riding at a constant speed. I was riding at 55-60 mph in top gear, with the throttle open enought to hold speed. Some times it runs fine other times it misses. If I get on or off the gas it runs fine. Pilot was changed to one size above stock at 1.5 turns out. Didnt like the glowing header I got with the stock pilot. I tried richer and leaner on the needle with no luck. Any suggestions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 5spoke

Posted March 09, 2004 - 04:12 AM

I've tried every possible setting and found you just have to live with it. Using the JD red needle helped but didn't get rid of it.

I lowered the gearing and lug it slightly to get rid of the stutter at constant speeds.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.