Muffler/Header rubber joiner..thingy

1 reply to this topic
  • Brettv

Posted March 08, 2004 - 11:44 PM

Hi i have a wrf400 99, i only bought the bike a week ago, never ridden it, when i start it its ok, but if i rev it up, comong down off the revs it seems to be popping a bit,
The section where the muffler joins the header pipe is not sealed there is exhaust gases coming out a little bit, if i seal it will it fix my problem?
i got quoted about $100 for just the rubber part!!!!!!!
im in melbourne australia
what do u guys think?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • R_Little

Posted March 09, 2004 - 05:57 AM

Yes, Exhaust leakes will cause popping.

If you have a stock pipe and header, then there shoulg be a sealing bushing between the header and the muffler. If there is none in there now, then the muffler pipe must be smashed down a bit because this is a big seal that belongs there.

The seal cost me about $6 in the U.S.

If you have an aftermarket pipe then there may be no seal required. In any case there should be no leakage at that joint.

Good luck

Good luck

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.