2004 WR 450 headlight switch missing

9 replies to this topic
  • aaronbauer

Posted March 08, 2004 - 08:40 PM

I traded off my 2003 WR450 for a 2004 model. I love the WR 450 and think it is the best thing since sliced bread. But where I really think Yamaha missed it in 2004 is when they canned the switch for the lights. My 2003 had the switch and never even thought Yamaha would drop this to save a couple bucks. I hate riding around with the lights on all the time, it looks gay. (PO'd in Calgary)

• YamahaSteve

Posted March 08, 2004 - 08:58 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was kinda suprised to see that the headlight was on ALL the time. I would like to turn it off sometimes as well. But, I guess they figured we were all to stupid to know when we needed them so turn them on all the time. I guess I don't mind, but it is kinda silly. I think I have seen some threads on adding a switch...

• coldweld

Posted March 09, 2004 - 06:15 AM

Don't worry what it looks like with lights on all the time.
Better to look gay than plastered on some cars Bonnet[Hood].
I ride with lights on full beam all the time.

Posted March 09, 2004 - 08:54 AM

Add a switch. :)

• AkRider

Posted March 09, 2004 - 09:37 AM

Take it off. Unless you ride it on the street.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 09, 2004 - 02:20 PM

Ditto. Buy an 03 switch and wire it in to the light circuit. :)

• simon@vic

Posted March 09, 2004 - 04:28 PM

Take it off. Unless you ride it on the street.

what about night rides???

• jwriott

Posted March 09, 2004 - 05:45 PM

I could be mistaken but I think all new street legal bikes are required to have the headlight on all the time. I think this started here in the late 70's.

Maybe Yamaha is trying to conform to all areas by eliminating the option to turn the light off. :) Isn't this bike street legal in some countries?

• AkRider

Posted March 09, 2004 - 06:22 PM

It's light until midnight in the summer up here. :)

• coldweld

Posted March 09, 2004 - 10:03 PM

What is the first thing a car driver says when they pull out in front of you ????
A light on could save you from a spell in hospital or a long sleep .
Day light is not an issue Most motorcycle / car collisions happen in the day !

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.