2016 YZ450FX exhaust and mapping

Yamaha YZ450FX 2016

34 replies to this topic
  • dr11

Posted June 26, 2016 - 08:35 AM

I know this isn't relevant to the 2016 450fx but I am running a 2015 450f with an rct 4.1 slip on and the smooth/slippery condition gytr map. Any suggestions on adding a little fuel to that map?

• cubera

Posted June 27, 2016 - 12:42 AM

I've been running the "Linear Torque/Hard-pack condition" map on the FX and I don't have plans to change it. It works great everywhere I can think of. No overheating issues.

I'm running an FMF muffler w/sparky stock head pipe.

+2 +2+2      -5-5-6

+2+2+3       -5-6-6

+2+2+2       -5-5-5

This mapping is downloaded from the Yamaha website.

I've run many stock and modified 450Fs over the years and I can say without a doubt the 450FX motor has them all beat hands down. HTH

• cowboyona426

Posted June 27, 2016 - 08:04 AM

I've been running the "Linear Torque/Hard-pack condition" map on the FX and I don't have plans to change it. It works great everywhere I can think of. No overheating issues.

+2 +2+2      -5-5-6

+2+2+3       -5-6-6

+2+2+2       -5-5-5

I've run many stock and modified 450Fs over the years and I can say without a doubt the 450FX motor has them all beat hands down. HTH

What type of terrain do you typically ride?

• cubera

Posted June 27, 2016 - 11:36 AM

What type of terrain do you typically ride?

I ride open desert mostly fast sand washes, fast double track like jeep trails and such, some very ugly rocky terrain at times, and some tight semi-technical one track. There are times when I ride in the mountains where it is somewhat technical and also some of the races I do can have some challenges. I also ride in Baja on occasion so need a bike capable of that. This time of year I'm doing night rides so need a bike capable of that also.

• cowboyona426

Posted June 27, 2016 - 12:04 PM

I ride open desert mostly fast sand washes, fast double track like jeep trails and such, some very ugly rocky terrain at times, and some tight semi-technical one track. There are times when I ride in the mountains where it is somewhat technical and also some of the races I do can have some challenges. I also ride in Baja on occasion so need a bike capable of that. This time of year I'm doing night rides so need a bike capable of that also.

OK thanks, just curious if that same map you are running might work for me up here in the PNW with some more tight/technical conditions and slippery roots and rocks.  I might give it a go next ride out.

• yoshdrz400

Posted July 01, 2016 - 06:31 PM

OK thanks, just curious if that same map you are running might work for me up here in the PNW with some more tight/technical conditions and slippery roots and rocks. I might give it a go next ride out.

I use the linear map setting and love it. And I'm in the Fraser valley is bc. So I have a mix of everything and when the rocks get slick it works great!!

Edited by yoshdrz400, July 01, 2016 - 06:33 PM.

• Not sponsored

Posted July 03, 2016 - 11:32 AM

+2 +2+2      -5-5-6
+2+2+3       -5-6-6
+2+2+2       -5-5-5

Where exactly did you find that map? The only thing I could find on the Yamaha site was for the 16 450f, the linear torque map is different from yours.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cubera

Posted July 03, 2016 - 04:50 PM

I thought I printed it from the Yamaha site. I'll scan it and attach it when I find time.

• Not sponsored

Posted July 04, 2016 - 06:06 AM

I'm sure this is a stupid question but if I change the mapping and then want to go back to stock is it all zero's? Bought a used tuner with no manual.

• Finchy637

Posted July 04, 2016 - 06:07 AM

Yes it's all zeros

• cowboyona426

Posted July 05, 2016 - 09:19 AM

Where exactly did you find that map? The only thing I could find on the Yamaha site was for the 16 450f, the linear torque map is different from yours.

The FX maps are there too, you just have to scroll down to find them.  https://www.shopyama...0&dealernumber=

https://www.shopyama...rt.pdf?sfvrsn=4

• foggy3061

Posted July 05, 2016 - 09:37 AM

The FX maps are there too, you just have to scroll down to find them.  https://www.shopyama...0&dealernumber=

Yep, its posted up in the YZ450FX mapping thread:

http://www.thumperta...ase/?p=13113946

• Not sponsored

Posted July 05, 2016 - 04:35 PM

Awsome, thanks.

• 85Stepside

Posted September 06, 2016 - 01:35 PM

So I have a 2016 YZ450 put an FMF titanium exhaust on it. Yes it looks good yes it sounds good yes I like messing with things yes it is faster mid to top. Took off the bottom. But my question is also should there be a remap. It seems to run hotter. The dealer said no, but he rides a Honda. Im at 5000 ft.

• Finchy637

Posted September 08, 2016 - 02:46 AM

How many hours you got on the bike already? Let us know the difference between the 2.

As of right now I have around 60+ hours on the bike. I did notice a difference in the bike when I first put on the full exhaust but it wasn't anything huge. The power seemed to be more even and this was before I tuned the bike. Lately I've been riding with the bike in the hard hitting tune and for my riding style its prefect. It has the power there almost no matter what gear I am in with a quick double clutch. I live in a mix of desert and mountains so we have everything from hard pack with a lot of rocks to soft dunes and sometimes if  you pick the right trail you get a lot of rocks mix with deep sand. The hard hitting tune handles great across the board for my riding style.

I would kinda like to know if anyone has in recommendations on front tires given my terrain. I think im going to try the Bridgestone Battlecross X40. I've read the reviews and it seems everyone love the front tire. Is anyone else tearing up the Dunlop Geomax AT81 RCs? I've gone through three now and this last one only lasted maybe 10 hours but I have been training for my enduro event coming up this weekend.  

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The 'List' by Krannie McKranface

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  170 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450FX 2016 by crash220

Yamaha YZ450FX 2016
  • * * * * -
  • 8 reviews
  • Last review by gardwadt
  • On December 06, 2016

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.