2013yz450 won't start

9 replies to this topic
  • Jamesiggle

Posted March 31, 2016 - 05:17 PM

Hi I have a 2013 yz450 bone stock. Bike sat for a month started normally 3 kick when cold let warm up rode for a minute than I fell over on bike. Now it will not start. i have spark tried pull starting with truck no go. Have power to fuel pump have a very weak pulse to fuel injector. I am lost on this one bought a gytr tuner no codes the sensors I see readings look normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks James.

• Jamesiggle

Posted April 02, 2016 - 03:57 PM

Over100 views and no one?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 02, 2016 - 03:59 PM

Tip over sensor has failed

Damaged harness

?

• Jamesiggle

Posted April 02, 2016 - 04:09 PM

Where is tip over sensor? I checked harness over and over and found nothing. Thank you

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 02, 2016 - 04:13 PM

I'd suggest downloading the service manual from Yamaha's website

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jamesiggle

Posted April 02, 2016 - 04:17 PM

Thanks I will try and find it.

• grayracer513

Posted April 03, 2016 - 03:51 PM

The tip over sensor is integrated into the ECU.  People who relocate the ECU to accommodate lights and such sometimes run afoul of the feature by positioning it as if the bike were already on its side.

• Jamesiggle

Posted April 04, 2016 - 06:00 AM

Ecu is in stock location. When I put a noid light on injector I got a real dim light and pulse. So I'm assuming it's too lean to start?

• grayracer513

Posted April 04, 2016 - 06:43 AM

Not necessarily.  The noid light will only tell you if there is a pulse.  It won't tell you how wide the pulse was, and the delivered fuel is modulated by pulse width.  It may be that the current in the system is too low to raise fuel pressure or otherwise operate the system. 

• Jamesiggle

Posted April 10, 2016 - 06:35 AM

I agree with the voltage might be low. I put the noid light on fuel pump connector and it's real bright. So I assume it has the correct voltage or at least close. I have put 12 directly to fuel pump and no change. When I put voltage to injector it will start and idle for a minute till it runs out of fuel.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.