Should I put the 08 cams in my 07 engine?

6 replies to this topic
  • Treeyz450

Posted March 30, 2016 - 07:26 PM

I have both, just wondering.........

• grayracer513

Posted March 31, 2016 - 06:19 AM

You could. Why would you?

• Treeyz450

Posted March 31, 2016 - 06:52 AM

You could. Why would you?

I didn't know if the cam profile was better in 08 than in 07.

I guess it isn't

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 31, 2016 - 07:02 AM

It's different.  Whether that's better depends on what you're looking for, which is why I asked why.

You would end up with slightly less low end than you have, with slightly more on top.  One combination I know has been tried a couple times with good results was to use the '08-'09 intake cam with an exhaust cam from either an '06 or an '07 (which are two different cams, BTW).  You get slightly less gain on top and slightly less loss on the bottom. 

• Treeyz450

Posted April 01, 2016 - 06:53 AM

It's different. Whether that's better depends on what you're looking for, which is why I asked why.

You would end up with slightly less low end than you have, with slightly more on top. One combination I know has been tried a couple times with good results was to use the '08-'09 intake cam with an exhaust cam from either an '06 or an '07 (which are two different cams, BTW). You get slightly less gain on top and slightly less loss on the bottom.

I might swap out the intake cam down the road, but I am going to leave it. I ride about 70% woods and 30% track, plus I am 6'3 250 lbs so the more low end the better lol

Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted April 01, 2016 - 08:50 AM

In that event, the trick for your '07 would be both the exhaust cam and the CDI from an '06. 

• Treeyz450

Posted April 04, 2016 - 09:13 AM

In that event, the trick for your '07 would be both the exhaust cam and the CDI from an '06.

Ok, thanks.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.