TT Newbie

14 posts

Posted September 29, 2016 - 01:58 PM

Got any pics of your 6" LED set up, specifically the mounting..  thanks

• tmav66

TT Member

64 posts

Posted September 30, 2016 - 05:59 AM

Bought one! Long story short dealer was a idiot but got it for 8100$. They were gonna install gytr bark buster but couldn't figure it out. Also salesman told me break in is first 25 hrs change oil then every 50 hrs after that. He was pretty clueless but I'm excited to finally have one just gotta sell my 09 now.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

• grayracer513
43,163 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 30, 2016 - 06:54 AM

Break-in 2.5 hours and every 5 after that would have been much more believable.  A little long for the break-in, even at that.

Salesmen are pretty clueless as a group.  I remember at the Chevy store, they sold this older woman a Z28.  She came in with it complaining that the engine was noisy (just loud), that it got bad mileage, and that the car rode stiff, and that the sales dept said we'd fix it.  After we had a chat with the sales manager, they traded her into a Rally Sport with a 6 in it at no charge to her, and a major bite out of sales.

• Krannie McKranface
36,661 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 30, 2016 - 04:30 PM

Break-in 2.5 hours and every 5 after that would have been much more believable.  A little long for the break-in, even at that.

Salesmen are pretty clueless as a group.  I remember at the Chevy store, they sold this older woman a Z28.  She came in with it complaining that the engine was noisy (just loud), that it got bad mileage, and that the car rode stiff, and that the sales dept said we'd fix it.  After we had a chat with the sales manager, they traded her into a Rally Sport with a 6 in it at no charge to her, and a major bite out of sales.

My father was promised 'free oil changes for life' from the Sales Manger at Ralph Williams Ford.

When he suspected that maybe they were not changing the oil as they claimed, he put a piece of toliet paper on the hood latch mechanism that would rip if you opened it up all the way.

He showed the Sales Manager over to his car after the service was done and told him " I have a surprise for you, or an apology, after we open this hood...."   

He left with a $200 check in his pocket....in 1971...

• RichDawson

TT Member

41 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 02:33 AM

What makes you so excited about the 2017? Isn't it just a 16 with black rims and the kickstarter removed?

Just wanted to say I had a 17 lol. Gave up waiting. Bought a left over 16. First ride was two days ago. First race is tomorrow. Bike is amazing! Had suspension sprung and modified Thursday morning. Best suspension I've ever ridden. Really excited about riding this again.

Edited by RichDawson, October 01, 2016 - 02:35 AM.

• tmav66

TT Member

64 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 04:55 AM

So trying to install the gytr handgaurds which are just cycra's. Do you need the bolt extensions spacer deals at the base where they bolt to the cyrca mounts? Because mine didn't come with any and no way they are gonna fit.

• RichDawson

TT Member

41 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 06:10 AM

Bulletproof Designs Radiator guards, rear rotor guard and swingarm guard. TM Designs skid plate and chain guide. WE front rotor guard. MSR hand guards. 2.5 gallon IMS tank on the way. PMB end cap coming soon also.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160928_175203.jpg

• tmav66

TT Member

64 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 06:31 AM

Made my own spacers since they must of forgot to send. Any ways holy hell putting my number plate stickers on took off side panel and Jesus that stock muffler is HUGE! Are the f models this big factory and will a slip on be smaller?

• vossman23

TT Bronze Member

241 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 01, 2016 - 03:21 PM

Finally got off my ass and took apart the swingarm and linkage to regrease it all, put on the EE skid plate, put the PMB spark arrestor on along with a sweet electronics cover I got. Was gonna put on the EE radiator braces I got as a gift but I think I want to try another brand. I'm gonna put them on the for sale board if anyone's interested. Plan on breaking it in this week.

Edited by vossman23, October 01, 2016 - 03:26 PM.

• RMK800

TT Silver Member

888 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 01, 2016 - 05:51 PM

IMG_1475376376.782614.jpg

IMG_1475372279.931146.jpg
IMG_1475372304.648124.jpg

Bought me a new pipe, because of the spark arrestor requirement. Decided to enter my first race. The Yost Enduro. Amazing place, 7 race timed sections. All sections are different everything from desert to high country 95% single track, that what was amazing. The rain and hale made it a challenge the last 30 miles. About 60 miles. If any of you from Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming, etc. you should run this. Had to be 400+ riders there. It didn't feel at all like that many. A lot of country. The national hare and hound leader was there with his Yamaha.

Anyways, the bike is amazing, i can't believe how good the suspension is. That front tire pretty good to. Both hamstrings are sore and now I get to spend the next week cleaning this beast ..uggh

Edited by RMK800, October 01, 2016 - 06:46 PM.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

TT Platinum Member

1,906 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 06:49 PM

FYI the YZ250FX and YZ450FX shocks are valved exactly the same.   

The forks are valved radically different.  I started a discussion here. http://www.thumperta...-versus-desert/

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, October 01, 2016 - 07:18 PM.

• LordMAD

TT Newbie

2 posts

Posted October 02, 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hi, I just bought a yz450fx and i find the suspension way too soft, do anyone have the shimsstacks for the shock and fork?

Another question is what springs do you ride with I weight about 85kgs any ideas?
I live in Sweden and I dont know if there is anything different between EU and US models. 

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

TT Platinum Member

1,906 posts

Posted October 03, 2016 - 07:06 AM

Hi, I just bought a yz450fx and i find the suspension way too soft, do anyone have the shimsstacks for the shock and fork?

Another question is what springs do you ride with I weight about 85kgs any ideas?
I live in Sweden and I dont know if there is anything different between EU and US models. 

YZ450FX shim stacks.jpg

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

TT Platinum Member

1,906 posts

Posted October 03, 2016 - 07:11 AM

Longer shift lever ?

I have size 13 feet.  I wear Fox Comp 5 off road boots.

I lowered the footpegs on my bike by flipping the factory peg mounts.  This lowers the pegs and moves them slightly forward.  Maybe 10mm.

I find that the shift lever is too short for my boot.  I like to run it level with the footpeg so that it is under my boot when I am standing.   However, this requires that I bend my boot way down when I want to upshift.   A longer shifter would matters much better as I have a hard time fitting my boot between the peg and the shift lever even with the stock setup.

Does anyone know of a way to use a longer shift lever on these bikes ?

• cowboyona426

Get Help Now

5,496 posts

Posted October 03, 2016 - 03:49 PM

Made my own spacers since they must of forgot to send. Any ways holy hell putting my number plate stickers on took off side panel and Jesus that stock muffler is HUGE! Are the f models this big factory and will a slip on be smaller?

F and FX silencers are the same part.

Got any pics of your 6" LED set up, specifically the mounting..  thanks

Very simple, the mount is just a piece of aluminum angle iron bolted in between the inner mounts for my Cycra handguards.  6" LED from Amazon, I think it's Kawai brand that was about $15 and a toggle switch to turn it off and on when I desire.  It's not installed yet so I don't have any pics.

• vossman23

TT Bronze Member

241 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 07, 2016 - 01:32 PM

Finally got out to ride/break in the 450FX. Only got to put about an hour thirty on it but it's very smooth. Smoother than my 09 for sure and way quieter. The 09 sounds like shaking a can of rocks compared to this.

Edited by vossman23, October 07, 2016 - 01:33 PM.

• Krannie McKranface
36,661 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 07, 2016 - 02:36 PM

Rode it around the block.

Dang, what a mellow monster of a bike.....

• Finchy637

TT Member

30 posts

Posted October 08, 2016 - 04:23 AM

attachicon.gifIMG_1475376376.782614.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1475372279.931146.jpg
attachicon.gifIMG_1475372304.648124.jpg

Bought me a new pipe, because of the spark arrestor requirement. Decided to enter my first race. The Yost Enduro. Amazing place, 7 race timed sections. All sections are different everything from desert to high country 95% single track, that what was amazing. The rain and hale made it a challenge the last 30 miles. About 60 miles. If any of you from Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming, etc. you should run this. Had to be 400+ riders there. It didn't feel at all like that many. A lot of country. The national hare and hound leader was there with his Yamaha.

Anyways, the bike is amazing, i can't believe how good the suspension is. That front tire pretty good to. Both hamstrings are sore and now I get to spend the next week cleaning this beast ..uggh

Where was this race at this year?

• RMK800

TT Silver Member

888 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 08, 2016 - 04:26 AM

Where was this race at this year?

Yost. About 60 miles west of Snowville.

• motocrotts

TT Silver Member

728 posts

Posted October 08, 2016 - 09:04 AM

Bulletproof Designs Radiator guards, rear rotor guard and swingarm guard. TM Designs skid plate and chain guide. WE front rotor guard. MSR hand guards. 2.5 gallon IMS tank on the way. PMB end cap coming soon also.

Are you getting the tank with the screw on cap or dry break?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

• Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

• Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

teganms

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.