7 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 06:32 AM

I guess reading wasn't on my agenda for yesterday haha

• mxrider4life847

TT Member

92 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 11, 2016 - 06:42 AM

Took the FX out for some play time with the "fans". This was our first "real" outing and I must say, it was an awfully rough/rocky enduro track, and the fx made it fairly enjoyable.

I did end up spending some time setting up the suspension and getting it dialed, it was pretty harsh at first. But got it smoothed out fairly nicely. I'll take it to a motocross track soon to do some fine tuning in some loamy corners.

It definitely need some bar risers or new set of bars. I had a tough time standing up on the bike. I'm used to the pro taper windham bars AND 1/2" risers.

One thing to note, considering the weight (40 lbs heavier than my yz250 2t is) I did not at all notice it, even after 3 hrs of riding. Very impressed with how it tracks and easily maintains a line.

Sadly, I do miss my rekluse clutch though. That may be one of the next couple mods.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1468248152.830262.jpg

• tmeyer37

TT Member

98 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 11, 2016 - 08:12 AM

Nice bike but wrong thread!

How so?  

What did you do to your YZ/FX today

• cowboyona426

Get Help Now

5,496 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 08:46 AM

Took the FX out for some play time with the "fans". This was our first "real" outing and I must say, it was an awfully rough/rocky enduro track, and the fx made it fairly enjoyable.

I did end up spending some time setting up the suspension and getting it dialed, it was pretty harsh at first. But got it smoothed out fairly nicely. I'll take it to a motocross track soon to do some fine tuning in some loamy corners.

It definitely need some bar risers or new set of bars. I had a tough time standing up on the bike. I'm used to the pro taper windham bars AND 1/2" risers.

One thing to note, considering the weight (40 lbs heavier than my yz250 2t is) I did not at all notice it, even after 3 hrs of riding. Very impressed with how it tracks and easily maintains a line.

Sadly, I do miss my rekluse clutch though. That may be one of the next couple mods.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1468248152.830262.jpg

Where did you end up at on your suspension clicker settings?

How so?  

What did you do to your YZ/FX today

This thread was intended to be for the FX guys to discuss our rides, plenty of other threads for the regular YZ models.

• tmeyer37

TT Member

98 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 11, 2016 - 09:10 AM

Where did you end up at on your suspension clicker settings?

This thread was intended to be for the FX guys to discuss our rides, plenty of other threads for the regular YZ models.

While I appreciate that there are a lot of YZ threads out there the title of the thread indicates YZ or FX hence the confusion I guess. I don't see why we all can just post together on this. I guess you could ask RMK800 what he intended with the title. 

1. A slash is often used to indicate "or": Dear Sir/Madam (Sir or Madam)

• keeseckb

TT Member

96 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 11, 2016 - 01:11 PM

Can the Mods just change the title of the thread to "YZ450FX", instead of YZ/FX? I really hope this doesn't turn into a grammatical d*ck measuring contest thread. 

• Nick280

TT Member

42 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 11, 2016 - 01:42 PM

Thought I may as well join in to this thread as it seems like I'm doing something on the bike everyday lol.

Pulled the swing arm out so I can take it to get repaired. Cleaned the prolink and in the nitty gritty bits the swing arm hides.

20160711_205931_zps1uf0uemg.jpg

20160711_205943_zpstblpg7jm.jpg

20160711_205915_zpslgcgbdsc.jpg

Took the old front sprocket off which looks to be well overdue being changed.

20160711_205514_zpsryrgqe8y.jpg

Everyone likes photos don't they :D

• mxrider4life847

TT Member

92 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 11, 2016 - 06:17 PM

[quote name="cowboyona426" post="13211849" timestamp="1468255585"]Where did you end up at on your suspension clicker settings?

My front forks are set at 12 clicks out on both comp/rebound.

The rear shock settings I have not touched, with the exception of the sag. It was at 92mm while at the track yesterday. ( I actually adjusted best I could while I was there, but I did not have anyway of measuring ) This evening I adjusted it up to 98mm. But that brings my static/free sag to 44mm, which means I will prob end up needing a lighter spring. But I think I will wait till I put 10-15 hrs on it and re-do it, hopefully after the shock settles it will fall in a bit. Time will tell.

While we are on the subject, I'm an avid fork bleeder, and this fork position is pure evil. Haven't put a whole lot of thought into it, but I'm considering turning these things 180 degrees. How are y'all's (Texan here) situated?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1468289848.963125.jpg

• gardwadt

TT Newbie

13 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 11, 2016 - 07:20 PM

I put motion pro bleeders on mine, rotated to fit and they work great!

• Nick280

TT Member

42 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 11, 2016 - 09:54 PM

I do apologise, the thread title is misleading although I never thought that a KTM would make for welcome viewing here. Enjoy your thread FX'ers.

• Krannie McKranface
36,647 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 12, 2016 - 05:26 AM

20160711_195204_zps0o4fp2f5.jpg

• grayracer513
43,146 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 12, 2016 - 08:24 AM

While I appreciate that there are a lot of YZ threads out there the title of the thread indicates YZ or FX hence the confusion I guess. I don't see why we all can just post together on this. I guess you could ask RMK800 what he intended with the title. 

1. A slash is often used to indicate "or": Dear Sir/Madam (Sir or Madam)

I knew this would come up.  I was just waiting to see how long it would take.   Now all you F(x)'ers should be happy.  :thumbsup:

• RMK800

TT Silver Member

887 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 12, 2016 - 08:59 AM

I knew this would come up.  I was just waiting to see how long it would take.   Now all you F(x)'ers should be happy.  :thumbsup:

Out of respect for the YZ forum, I did attend where both bikes could post here if wanted.   Bikes are very similar anyways.

• cowboyona426

Get Help Now

5,496 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 09:16 AM

Out of respect for the YZ forum, I did attend where both bikes could post here if wanted.   Bikes are very similar anyways.

Being diplomatic is not allowed, we FX'ers demand our own playground :jawdrop:

• shrubitup, RMK800 and vossman23 like this
  • Like This

• hondaman331

Hasta la vista

3,262 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 10:42 AM

[quote name="mxrider4life847" post="13212828" timestamp="1468289851"][quote name="cowboyona426" post="13211849" timestamp="1468255585"]Where did you end up at on your suspension clicker settings?

My front forks are set at 12 clicks out on both comp/rebound.

The rear shock settings I have not touched, with the exception of the sag. It was at 92mm while at the track yesterday. ( I actually adjusted best I could while I was there, but I did not have anyway of measuring ) This evening I adjusted it up to 98mm. But that brings my static/free sag to 44mm, which means I will prob end up needing a lighter spring. But I think I will wait till I put 10-15 hrs on it and re-do it, hopefully after the shock settles it will fall in a bit. Time will tell.

While we are on the subject, I'm an avid fork bleeder, and this fork position is pure evil. Haven't put a whole lot of thought into it, but I'm considering turning these things 180 degrees. How are y'all's (Texan here) situated?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1468289848.963125.jpg[/quote]I turned my forks around.

• tmeyer37

TT Member

98 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 12, 2016 - 02:51 PM

Being diplomatic is not allowed, we FX'ers demand our own playground :jawdrop:

What about my 06 yz450f, it is set up basically the same as an FX without E-start, does that count? LOL totally just yanking your chain. It really doesn't matter to me I just like reading this thread. 

That is exactly what I thought, but I do see the need for separate FX thread so the little differences can be discussed. 

• mxrider4life847

TT Member

92 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 12, 2016 - 06:50 PM

Great, now where do the poor little 250fx'ers go now???

• grayracer513
43,146 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 13, 2016 - 06:20 AM

Great, now where do the poor little 250fx'ers go now???

Where they went before this happened.  http://www.thumperta...m/15-wryz-250f/

• mxrider4life847

TT Member

92 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 13, 2016 - 06:42 AM

Didn't know they had their own as well.

Seems to me it would be more reasonable to combine both bikes in one thread, as they do offer most of the same mods / setup / chassis...?

You could name it the YZ-50FX, or something. Idk.

Anyways. Last night, I raised my forks to 4.5mm and turned them 180 degrees to position the bleeder port facing aft.

Today, here at work, I am designing my racing numbers. I hate how our series/class background color is orange, but oh well. I generally do 3 different series which requires 3 different sets of numbers.

• WingNutRacing

TT Newbie

14 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 01:03 PM

Ok, is the factory Yamaha air filter oil just No Toil, or is it petroleum based?

thanks...........

or is that a dumb question?

Was picking up some air filter stuff and they had Yamaha stuff next to the No Toil stuff and was exactly the same stuff. One just said "Yamaha" on it......

Edited by WingNutRacing, July 13, 2016 - 03:08 PM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.