Oil qustions

3 replies to this topic
  • dirtlife1990

Posted March 29, 2016 - 12:34 PM

Went from gn4 synthetic to valvoline now to amsoil synthetic oil is switching bad just wanna try different oils heard it won't hurt nothing just keeping up on oil and filter changes every 4 hours

• grayracer513

Posted March 29, 2016 - 01:27 PM

Switching oils is no problem.  Typing without punctuation and expecting people to read it and still be in a good enough mood to help you is another thing.

You can switch to/from synthetic to conventional and back any number of times.  It's not advisable to mix two different oils, but usually only because you really have no way of knowing what the resulting product is really going to be like. 

The exception is Castor.  Not the Castrol brand, actual castor based oils.  They don't blend well with petroleum or synthetic petroleum products.  Maxima 927 two-stroke castor contains blending agents to avoid the problem, and the gas it's normally mixed with also aids blending. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtlife1990

Posted March 29, 2016 - 02:51 PM

Sorry about that was in a rush when I typed that,so I'm ok to switch? seems like the valvoline was a good oil and I used it in the transmission side also. I'm gonna try amsoil synthetic since its a big name oil and heard pretty good things so far, what do you think going from valvoline fully synthetic to amsoil synthetic?

• motocrotts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 10:31 AM

You'll be fine.  I've ran Amsoil in my Husky for two years.  Top end looks new.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.