my bike fell over was laying on its side fo about 2 hours wont start

11 replies to this topic
  • Jasonmo55

Posted March 29, 2016 - 07:06 AM

I was clearing out garage then went shopping around 2 hours the bike had fell over within this time I picked it up n left it to the next morning and tried to fire it up it woundnt start just almost I can normally start it first or second kick and backfired few times which it's never done while tryna kick has it done damage or possibe other problems would be appreciated

• cr-dude3

Posted March 29, 2016 - 07:18 AM

I was clearing out garage then went shopping around 2 hours the bike had fell over within this time I picked it up n left it to the next morning and tried to fire it up it woundnt start just almost I can normally start it first or second kick and backfired few times which it's never done while tryna kick has it done damage or possibe other problems would be appreciated

Bike cruelty!21250194.jpg , Pull your spark plug, clean and dry it, replace it, try to fire it up, if it does, let it warm up, and listen for any unusual noises, if you hear em' then you troubles have just started, oh yaa, take her out for a spin, make sure your tranny, isn't cashed! There you go sport!

• Trailryder42

Posted March 29, 2016 - 07:22 AM

Always post what machine you're asking about.

• Jasonmo55

Posted March 29, 2016 - 07:39 AM

Always post what machine you're asking about.

yzf 426 2002 mate 

thanks il get new spark n replace it tonight  whats a tranny im cluesless i just like to drive them the mechenics beheind im not sure on i would need to pay some one todo it for me 

• Trailryder42

Posted March 29, 2016 - 08:05 AM

yzf 426 2002 mate 

thanks il get new spark n replace it tonight  whats a tranny im cluesless i just like to drive them the mechenics beheind im not sure on i would need to pay some one todo it for me 

Tranny is slang for "transmission".

The spark plug is in the top of the head, as shown in the picture. I don't know how much room you have under your gas tank to get in there to remove it. Some of the plug wells on those YZs are petty deep. Take an extended socket to get out and require the tank to come off to access. 

If you have any riding buddies that work on their own bikes, ask them for help.

Had the fuel petcock been left on while the bike was laid over? Always turn it off when not riding.

Attached Thumbnails

• YZ426F plug.JPG

• Jasonmo55

Posted March 29, 2016 - 09:16 AM

The spark plug is in the top of the head, as shown in the picture. I don't know how much room you have under your gas tank to get in there to remove it. Some of the plug wells on those YZs are petty deep. Take an extended socket to get out and require the tank to come off to access. 

Had the fuel petcock been left on while the bike was laid over? Always turn it off when not riding.

thanks alot mate it was off mate when it fell over there wasnt much if any spillage like on the ground it nearly fired up twice the rest it just backfired or nothing at all

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Trailryder42

Posted March 29, 2016 - 09:53 AM

If the bike has a hot start or manual decomp lever, leave choke off, gas off, pull and hold lever, hold full throttle and kick over several times, like a dozen or more. Release lever and throttle and try to start normally.

If you have any ignition safety switches, like on the clutch lever, or a kill switch/button, make sure those didn't get buggered up in fall.

As a last resort, you might try push/pull starting it. If you get it going doing that and get it cleared out, then it may start normally after that.

• Jasonmo55

Posted March 29, 2016 - 10:02 AM

If the bike has a hot start or manual decomp lever, leave choke off, gas off, pull and hold lever, hold full throttle and kick over several times, like a dozen or more. Release lever and throttle and try to start normally.

If you have any ignition safety switches, like on the clutch lever, or a kill switch/button, make sure those didn't get buggered up in fall.

As a last resort, you might try push/pull starting it. If you get it going doing that and get it cleared out, then it may start normally after that.

thanks million for your advice and time buddy real gentleman 

• washington_rider

Posted March 30, 2016 - 03:58 AM

X2 here

Carb is just flooded. I don't see any reason to need to change the spark plug? Or transmission ruined? Being on its side shouldn't have to do with any of that, and if the oil couldn't even itself out in the case after being back upright over night you already had previous issues.

Like I quoted just leave choke off, WOT (wide open throttle) and give her some kicks. Hot start release could help too.

Once the bike starts/runs for a second, if it dies, just try starting normally.

Then go tear it up mate!

• cr-dude3

Posted March 30, 2016 - 05:49 AM

X2 here

Carb is just flooded. I don't see any reason to need to change the spark plug? Or transmission ruined? Being on its side shouldn't have to do with any of that, and if the oil couldn't even itself out in the case after being back upright over night you already had previous issues.

Like I quoted just leave choke off, WOT (wide open throttle) and give her some kicks. Hot start release could help too.

Once the bike starts/runs for a second, if it dies, just try starting normally.

Then go tear it up mate!

You could be right, but if the bike slammed hard on to the garage floor, his troubles are just starting.

• cr-dude3

Posted March 30, 2016 - 05:51 AM

Jason, you might want to purchase a book, and manual to teach you about motor cycling in general, its always good practice to learn about any motor sport hobby, it keeps you informed and you will become smarter on the subject.

• motocrotts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 09:56 AM

Not anymore, see Bruce Jenner, or is it catlin? I'm confused already.  I'd change the oil and put in a new plug.  Should start right up.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.