wr450 noise

12 replies to this topic
  • Berrey775

Posted March 28, 2016 - 09:06 AM

Anyone out there know what a high pitched whining type noise would be.

Only seems to happen after I get off the gas and coming to a stop from hard acceleration??

Bike is a 2009 Yamaha WR450. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• cjjeepercreeper

Posted March 28, 2016 - 09:22 AM

High pitched whining noises are often from a bearing on its way out.

• Berrey775

Posted March 28, 2016 - 01:10 PM

That's all good and thank you very much,  but the noise is still there sometimes when I am stopped. high pitch squeal whine. goes away after stopping.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 28, 2016 - 01:17 PM

That's all good and thank you very much,  but the noise is still there sometimes when I am stopped. high pitch squeal whine. goes away after stopping.

Well which is it

• rah7777777

Posted March 29, 2016 - 04:49 PM

Not talking about the whistle'ish noise from the carburetor by chance?
Just does it for a few seconds on decel. Think I read it was the slide plate that makes the noise and its normal.

• Berrey775

Posted March 30, 2016 - 05:38 AM

yes, that would be the noise. Drives me nuts. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this noise?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Berrey775

Posted March 30, 2016 - 05:42 AM

I thank everyone for responding. Still a little new to this and when comes to repairing my bike, sometimes I need a lot of help. So thank you to you guys.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 30, 2016 - 06:45 AM

yes, that would be the noise. Drives me nuts. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this noise?

The 'carb whistle' noise is one pitch, and not very loud, and only happens at a certain point of throttle opening.

It's usually a very mellow sound, and not a 'high-pitched squeal', so I'm not sure that's what you are hearing.

The slideplate has a hole in it like a whistle, hence the whistle sound.

• GreenRide

Posted March 31, 2016 - 05:36 AM

Mine started to do that "turbo" sound after I cleaned it and changed a couple of jets for new ones. As far has I know its normal.

• ttreewalkerr

Posted March 31, 2016 - 04:42 PM

Mine does it faintly,, like a turbo sound.

• rah7777777

Posted March 31, 2016 - 06:58 PM

Mines a decent whistle/squeal sound but doesn't last very long. When I first bought the bike it really had me scratching my head.
Now I don't even notice it

• Berrey775

Posted April 05, 2016 - 06:59 AM

Sometimes the noise is not heard, other times pretty loud and lasts for 30-45 seconds. I just don't know. Everyone says its normal, just makes me wonder. Thank you to all who posted. Truly appreciate it.

• 450crazy

Posted April 09, 2016 - 09:19 AM

My 2015 does the same thing almost sounds like the low fuel beep but it's not. Only on decel or going down hill or at least that's when I hear it. It's pretty annoying

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.