Hard to start

4 replies to this topic
  • RiderDeAzul

Posted March 27, 2016 - 06:49 PM

My 2007 wr450 is really really difficult to start ever since I put it back together, once it starts it idles and runs great, but I probably kick it over atleast 10 times before it will start and it also takes a hand full of throttle to start it.

• Nuklhed

Posted March 28, 2016 - 05:10 PM

Did you try leaning it over on it's side to fill the float bowl?  I trick I learned years ago makes bikes easier to start.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 28, 2016 - 06:43 PM

No where near enough detail to offer assistance

• RiderDeAzul

Posted March 28, 2016 - 08:56 PM

Did you try leaning it over on it's side to fill the float bowl? I trick I learned years ago makes bikes easier to start.

No, I have not tried that yet, I will try that tomorrow, I was thinking I may need to clean the pilot jet, but once it starts it idles fine. If the tipping the bike to the side trick or the carb cleaning does not work, is there any way that the cams could be 1 tooth off but the bike still run good?

• RiderDeAzul

Posted April 05, 2016 - 08:22 AM

Somehow I managed to install my cams 180 out, all good now, thanks for the suggestions

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.