Yz suspension the very best ?

6 replies to this topic
  • bigvaportrail

Posted March 27, 2016 - 01:06 PM

It's my humble opinion it is miles ahead of its competitors !

So how long will Yamaha keep the springs and best suspension on the market ?

Happy Easter !!!

• RockerYZWR

Posted March 27, 2016 - 05:24 PM

I bet the YZ-Fs get air forks for the '18 model year. Offroad bikes keep the SSS for awhile.

• bigvaportrail

Posted March 28, 2016 - 12:38 PM

I really hope your wrong because this stuff is far and away the best out there

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 28, 2016 - 04:55 PM

Air forks suck.

• RockerYZWR

Posted March 28, 2016 - 06:05 PM

I haven't ridden with air forks for any meaningful amount of time, so I can't say much about them. I've had a set on my mtb for years and they're great for that.

I only say the motocross bikes (250F and 450F, anyway) might probably get them because er'body else has them now, they offer a little weight savings, and I'd bet the factory has been testing them enough now to where they're probably onto something good enough for the production bikes that won't piss off their core market of SSS believers (to include every major moto magazine) while enticing others over who think the spring forks are a thing of the past. Pure conjecture on my part (I'm most likely full of shite), but it'll be interesting to see if they stick with SSS for the mx line in the next revision cycle. One key will be if they think they can do it make money at it.

• bigvaportrail

Posted March 29, 2016 - 12:50 PM

I hope they stay SSS

even through the next gen of bikes

They are amazing

Edited by bigvaportrail, March 29, 2016 - 12:50 PM.

• grayracer513

Posted March 29, 2016 - 01:29 PM

Whatever they decide to supersede the SSS fork with is going to need to prove itself, definitely.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.