2000 wr400 lighting issue

No replies to this topic
  • chanceafrica

Posted March 25, 2016 - 05:05 PM

i have this wr400 in my shop and the lights dont work. 

i have power going in to the reg/rec but not coming out.

ive hooked a conventional motorcycle battery up to the system and all lights/functions work. so i know the wiring is good up front and switch works.

i cant seem to find a wiring diagram for this bike that matches what i have. i dont know if this is a lighting kit and has a separate diagram specific to the kits manufacturer. the main left hand switch has a kill button, a horn button and 4 light positions. high beam,low beam, one im not sure (has 2 headlight icons) and a dot which i assumes kills the lights. that last dot kills the bike. 

ALLEGEDELY the lights worked when the guy parked the bike. it sat for 6 months or so? maybe more.

what is this battery pack next to reg.rec?

did these batteries drain from sitting and thats my issue? how do i isolate the reg/rec? 

why is the damn spark plug boot 90$?

any insight is appreciated thanks.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.