No idea about bikes, looking for advice

8 replies to this topic
  • RogerWRF450

Posted March 24, 2016 - 10:46 AM

Hi All,

I Have a 5month old WRF450 2015 i got from new. 

i was always under the impression this bike was an animal but i am finding it quite tame. I have been told the engine is the YZF450 so how do i get it to run like the animal the YZF is.

When i say i have no idea about bikes i am being honest as i am new to these kind of bikes.

So far i have been told to remap but i don't know anyone why can do this.

i have thought about putting on a Drd exhaust but been told the bike is fuel injected so needs to be remapped .

I have been reading about these mods.....cut grey wire, snorkel etc but no idea if this will work on my bike being 2015.

everything on the bike is stock so all i am looking for is anyone who can give me advice on getting this bike running to its full potential.

thanks in advance

• bobsled

Posted March 24, 2016 - 11:09 AM

Rotella!

• Sir falls alot

Posted March 24, 2016 - 11:28 AM

Rotella from Walmart

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted March 24, 2016 - 11:55 AM

Throttle limit screw, ECU, muffler, GYTR programmer, in that order. 

The grey wire mod was for older bikes.  The snorkel makes a minimal difference.

Post back when you get the above things done and we'll go from there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RogerWRF450

Posted March 24, 2016 - 01:20 PM

I don't know if this is any help but when i got the bike the dealer fitted the competition kit on it but I don't know what this contains. They gave me a box with exhaust, etc of the standard bits

• tomerb

Posted March 24, 2016 - 02:32 PM

It sounds like they did not remove the throttle stop screw..........

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted March 24, 2016 - 05:22 PM

I don't know if this is any help but when i got the bike the dealer fitted the competition kit on it but I don't know what this contains. They gave me a box with exhaust, etc of the standard bits

Is there a black ECM module in the box of bits ?   Is there a safety torx bolt in the box ?

• RogerWRF450

Posted March 25, 2016 - 01:59 AM

Ok. The comp kit was full exhaust system, drive sprocket, rear sprocket, throttle stop screw

• RogerWRF450

Posted March 25, 2016 - 02:01 AM

So my next plan will be to get the GTYR ECU kit with throttle screw incase it is different , GYTR TUNER and a full system DrD exhaust.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.