Cold Starting a WR 450

1 reply to this topic
  • tigerowner_ut

Posted March 08, 2004 - 10:26 AM

I am trying different things when starting the WR cold this winter. I am tired of kicking it because the E-start doesn't light it up. This weekend I may have stumbled on a better way to start it cold. :)

1. Twist the throttle twice
2. Hold the throttle Wide open for 2 seconds while pushing the magic button.
3. Release the throttle while continuing to push the button.

Baam, started in under 5 seconds first try! I still need to repeat it a few times to see how consistant the method is. Note that the choke was on and that it is for cold starting only.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtrablue

Posted March 08, 2004 - 01:45 PM

try twisting the throttle a couple more times, but be careful about holding the throttle open. it can (or does) tell the t.p.s. that the throttle is open and to advance the ignition spark. it can cause a nasty kick back or back fire.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.