Yz426f decompression lever delete?

2 replies to this topic
  • 00 yz426f rider

Posted March 23, 2016 - 11:10 AM

I got a yz426 and it came with hot cams there not installed i wanted to know if when i put them in do i need to buy a piece or can i just take the decompression lever off

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 0bigsilver6

Posted March 23, 2016 - 11:59 AM

I got a yz426 and it came with hot cams there not installed i wanted to know if when i put them in do i need to buy a piece or can i just take the decompression lever off

You have to buy a head plug. They are like $10 +/- on eBay.

• grayracer513

Posted March 23, 2016 - 02:52 PM

You don't have to buy anything if you choose not to.  Leave the shaft/lever in the head and be sure the return spring is in place.  Then just remove the lever and cable and such.

If you do want to remove it, you can go to an auto parts store and buy an 18mm "freeze plug", aka "cup plug" or "core plug" for about a dollar.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.