timing plug size 10'-13'

3 replies to this topic
  • bigvaportrail

Posted March 23, 2016 - 08:27 AM

Just to help out ....

checked my valves and ran into the this issue with the lower timing plug on the left side being SO big

its a 14mm or aprox 9/16"

I didn't have a hex key that big so here ya go

go to your local Ace hardware and get a 3/8"x2:" (or whatever length)  hex head bolt and 2 nuts,

the head size of the bolt is 9/16" and with the 2 nuts you have rigged up a way to unscrew that timing cap plug

• mikedabike

Posted March 23, 2016 - 08:32 AM

Yep that is what I use.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cpetz24

Posted March 23, 2016 - 09:53 AM

Good advice.  I'm actually doing a tear down on my 2011 tonight as a matter of fact and I was looking at this wondering how to get around buying an allen wrench that size.  I feel like a dunce not figuring this out myself!! 

• grayracer513

Posted March 23, 2016 - 02:35 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the small end of the original spark plug wrench will fit that.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.