wr450 mileage and wear

2 replies to this topic
  • dwike

Posted March 08, 2004 - 09:23 AM

I am looking at a few different bikes to purchase, one is a wr450 that has about 2100 miles on it, 99% of which have been on the road. So I am wondering if/when a wr450 might need work done to it internally. Will this motor run forever if taken care of, and what would be high milage/hours on a motor like this? Any help is greatly appreciated! Danny

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaharichey

Posted March 08, 2004 - 04:09 PM

If you change the oil often and I mean often it will last a long long time, these motors are known for their reliability.

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 08, 2004 - 06:35 PM

I needed the valves clearances done at 3,100. miles. I am ready to do them again at 7,000. miles this month. I ride 50% trails and 40% fire roads. 10% roads. Bike runs very well! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.