Tyre Sizes 09 Wr450

No replies to this topic
  • WR-Josh

Posted March 22, 2016 - 05:21 AM

hi all, Bought a 09 WR450F nearly two months ago, in the process of getting it road worthy

Looking at getting some road legal knobbies that are suited mostly for offroad

Terrain i ride on

Red dirt

Hard Dirt Roads

...alot of the dreaded beach so real soft boggy shit.

I plan on riding on alot of hard dirt roads, so i'm wanting to avoid the d606 front wheel.

The Pirelli Scorpion pro FIM look appealing, but will the 140/80 fit my 09 wr450?

I've done some measuring and i worry about the back tyre rubbing on the exhaust over hard bumps....

Also if it does fit, what's the wear and tear like on it? I don't want to be replacing tyres every 1000kms

My mate has the d606 130/90 & 90/90 and he loves the back tyre and highly recommends it for the riding we do

But doesn't like the front on the hard stuff, (for the beach it's great though)

What road legal tyres do you guys use that might suit me? need to be mostly offroad, but i do ride on roads a fair amount so also need to hold the grip well.

Cheers fella's will post pics of befores and afters in a few months when it's complete

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.