22 replies to this topic
  • TN Dirt Rider

Posted April 28, 2016 - 03:34 AM

I'm just wondering why you need to tell border people anything other than going to Canada to visit friends and ride, maybe haul a couple other bikes up and back???

Probably because the guys at the border aren't stupid. If I was going this route I'd not risk an issue crossing the border with something of this $ amount, and not to save $200 for sure. But then I go to Canada for business frequently and wouldn't want to get on the naughty list. Got a friend came to Canada to work without a proper work Visa. Got himself a 3 year block from re-entering Canada.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted May 01, 2016 - 09:45 PM

Well it's not rebate season so I didn't do near as good as most in this thread, but I have the bike and I'm ecstatic to have it, I plan on keeping it a long time so cost is pretty irrelevant to me.  That said I'm cheap and found the best deal I could within a reasonable distance... just under $9400 OTD.

• Jeffrey Dyment

Posted May 02, 2016 - 07:26 PM

Got mine for $7997.50 US dollars which converts to 10000 CAD OTD.  Came with a taller seat, barkbusters and green plate.  I e-mailed 4 dealerships within 200 km's and asked for best price and availability.  When the dealers see competitors name in the e-mail they tend to give you best price.

I tried to haggle a little more but found out mark-up is 8-12 percent only on these bikes.  Knowing retail as well as I do I happily payed the price and still feel I got a pretty good deal.  I would've preferred to have supported my local dealer but when you don't answer your e-mail or return a phone message I figure this isn't a business I want to deal with if something goes wrong.  Ended up driving to Blackstock which is a 1 1/2 hour drive away but was impressed with how everything was handled.

Edited by Jeffrey Dyment, May 02, 2016 - 07:30 PM.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.