Wanted-know working fork

2 replies to this topic
  • boxsterboy

Posted May 11, 2001 - 09:06 PM

I come from the world ofs 2 Stroke. SIMMER DOWN NOW. I'm back to 4 stokes after starting out on a 79 XR80 when I was 13. (yes, i'm old-do the math). Anyway, I learned a lot about rebuilding engines, carbs, etc. The only thing I don't mess with are rebuilding forks. I really don't want to experiment on my new forks that are working.

So... does anyone have a bent or unfixable fork or forks that I can take apart to understand the working. I will pay shipping and a nominal price for them. I suppose they are not hard to work on. I understand there are some specail tools for this, which I'll have to go out a buy.

thanks in advance

01 WR426 WR timing, uncorked.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 11, 2001 - 09:23 PM

get the manual and the tools and take you own apart. You can do a rebuild and learn at the same time.

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 12, 2001 - 03:19 AM

Mike is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Forks are VERY EASY to work on. Just pull the cap off and look-see. Parts WILL NOT fly off everywhere (like pulling apart a Chevy's Rochester carb...all those little BB's (ball check valves) rolling all over the place. You cannot mess up forks, using the correct tools (seal driver, cartridge holder).

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.