Z start pro clutch.

2 replies to this topic
  • NewGuyonaBike

Posted March 21, 2016 - 07:27 AM

I have a 2005 yz450f. Is the clutch in a 09 the same? I have the chance to steal a rekluse z start pro off of my buddies busted bike that he doesn't feel like fixing. Thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TN Dirt Rider

Posted March 21, 2016 - 07:42 AM

I have a 2005 yz450f. Is the clutch in a 09 the same? I have the chance to steal a rekluse z start pro off of my buddies busted bike that he doesn't feel like fixing. Thanks in advance.

Best thing to do is go onto Rekluse's website and see if the part number for the clutch is the same on both bikes.

• grayracer513

Posted March 21, 2016 - 01:10 PM

Yes, it's interchangeable.  The difference is that on YZ450F models prior to '07, you use 8 friction plates, same as the '07 and up, instead the 9 you use now.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.