Help me my plug fouled and my engines was full of sludge I'm blaming it on YAMALUBE

After looking at your jetting thread, I don't think the oil is to blame...

I'll agree my bike isn't the best and I am well aware the guy I bought it from has some weird jets in it but I'm poor and I can't really help my carb situation. It runs, it rips, and it makes a hell of a lot of noise, so it's just fine. I don't race or anything fancy, I ride around going fast and doing stupid things but I'm not going to put anything in my bike that clogs it up. Bel ray from now on

I'm guessing this is all you run then? I never had any of these problems with bel ray so I guess I got a bad batch? Not a chance. Yamalube is cheap junk and should not be run in even the crappiest bikes. I am actually running it very lean compared to what the factory says to run. Factory specs call for 32:1 but I am running 40:1 and this sorry excuse for an oil still gums it up. I will never purchase yamalube even as firestarter

Um, I'm guessing you have no idea that 40:1 is RICHER than 32:1. Nicely done, Mr. 17 posts. Nicely done. ?

• Like 3

Come on guys. He's a teen ager, (14yo) you know the saying. Hire a teen ager, they know EVERYTHING. 

Hell, my youngest has been riding longer than he has been on earth. 

Edited by PALMER84ONE
  • Like 5

If he didn't buy that damn yamalube he could afford some new jets!!! I say call up Yamaha tomorrow morning and see what kind of scam this is. Even if they only give you store credit you can at least buy new jets (assuming those aren't bad too). I don't remember if bel-ray sells jets but I'm sure they'd be pretty damn good!

Edited by Brandon7711
  • Like 1

Less oil = more fuel = richer....   32:1 IS leaner than 40:1

when discussing rich/lean settings, it isn't about the gas/oil premix ratio but rather the air/fuel ratio

No matter what brand premix oil, if you always premix at the same ratio and

without any jetting changes all of a sudden your engine starts running rich for no apparent reason,

I'd suspect your right hand side crank seal is worn/damaged and allowing gearbox lube into your crankcase.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 8

Read this post. It will help you understand why you are wrong.

mlatour, on 20 Mar 2016 - 9:36 PM, said:

Less oil = more fuel = richer....   32:1 IS leaner than 40:1

when discussing rich/lean settings, it isn't about the gas/oil premix ratio but rather the air/fuel ratio

No matter what brand premix oil, if you always premix at the same ratio and
without any jetting changes all of a sudden your engine starts running rich for no apparent reason,
I'd suspect your right hand side crank seal is worn/damaged and allowing gearbox lube into your crankcase.

• Like 1

I recently bought some yamalube 2r for my 03 yz125 and ran it for 20 hours or less at 40:1. It immediately started spewing a thick black sludge from my power valve vent. I thought it was just the switch from bel ray. Fast forward to 20 hours later where my bike stops running due to yamalube fouling my plug and gumming my engine up. It is costing me a new plug and tearing my top end down to clean the gunk out of everything. Just so no other unlucky souls have this happen to them, don't go cheap, stay as far away from yamalube as possible.

Something must be wrong on your end. I've been using Yamalube 2R in all my 2 strokes for many years and have been very happy with it. The engines show very little wear and I can't remember ever fouling a plug except when my pilot jets have been too rich. I run my yz250 and yz125 both at 32:1 and have for years.

It is by far my favorite premix oil.

I wonder if there was some sort of compatibility isse with the Bel Ray you were running? In any event, your results are definitely not typical.

• Like 1

Read this post. It will help you understand why you are wrong.

Like hell I'm wrong. It's common sense that 32:1 is RICHER than 40:1. Think of it as 32 drops of fuel to 1 drop of oil vs. 40 drops of fuel to 1 of oil. 32 drops is more oil to fuel than 40 so you figure out why you're wrong. And on the subject of the 'warning' you gave me, these screw ups that never grew up don't know 2+2 let alone the problems with bikes and which oil is better. 32:1 is 32 parts fuel to 1 part oil.....correct? So 40:1 would be 40 parts fuel to 1 part oil. Which one has more fuel to oil? I'll give you a hint, it's 32:1

Like hell I'm wrong. It's common sense that 32:1 is RICHER than 40:1. Think of it as 32 drops of fuel to 1 drop of oil vs. 40 drops of fuel to 1 of oil. 32 drops is more oil to fuel than 40 so you figure out why you're wrong. And on the subject of the 'warning' you gave me, these screw ups that never grew up don't know 2+2 let alone the problems with bikes and which oil is better. 32:1 is 32 parts fuel to 1 part oil.....correct? So 40:1 would be 40 parts fuel to 1 part oil. Which one has more fuel to oil? I'll give you a hint, it's 32:1

Of course 32:1 has more oil than 40:1. Nobody is denying that.

But leaner and richer refer to the air/fuel ratio, not the oil ratio. More oil means less gasoline. That is why 32:1 is in fact leaner as people have been trying to help you understand.

It is a common mistake.

• Like 5

You are wrong. 32:1 has less fuel per volume compared to 40:1 making 32:1 leaner. 32:1 does have more oil per volume than 40:1... Air to fuel is what matters.

• Like 4

You are wrong.  Settle down and quit arguing about it.  Read the posts others are that will hopefully help you understand why.

• Like 4

Fuel to oil ratios pertains to the amount of oil verses fuel.   That's it. 

Rich and lean is the ratio of fuel to air.  This is determined by jetting.  Different fuel/oil mixtures require rejetting because the amount of fuel changes when you change the fuel to oil ratio.

If you don't want to blow you bike up you'll want to listen and learn instead of arguing.

• Like 1

I'm guessing this is all you run then? I never had any of these problems with bel ray so I guess I got a bad batch? Not a chance. Yamalube is cheap junk and should not be run in even the crappiest bikes. I am actually running it very lean compared to what the factory says to run. Factory specs call for 32:1 but I am running 40:1 and this sorry excuse for an oil still gums it up. I will never purchase yamalube even as firestarter

40:1 is richer, that's probs why it blew up

A 40:1 oil ratio contains 40 parts fuel to 1 part oil. 32:1 contains less fuel it has 32 parts of fuel to 1 part oil.

Rich and lean is the ratio of fuel to air. Let's use 12:1 as an example. That would be 12 parts air to 1 part fuel.

Your jets determine how much fuel/ oil mix gets combined with the incoming air. The oil is for lubrication, not fuel.

If you change from a 32:1 mix to a 40:1 mix results in a richer air/ fuel ratio(say 11.8:1) because the fuel has less oil in it.

You would need smaller jets to lean out the air/fuel ratio to achieve the same 12:1 air/fuel ratio.

To minimize spooge and keep plug fouling the bike needs to be jetting correctly.

The oil you were using wasn't the issue, it's good oil.

Are you following so far? I'll continue when you are.

• Like 1