10+ cylinder comparison

No replies to this topic
  • moto278

Posted March 20, 2016 - 02:21 PM

first off, any comments similar to 'why?' or 'its cheaper to buy new/used instead' don't bother. 

im going to start building a 14-15 yz450f from scratch. my first question, would a 2010-2013 motor (namely cylinder) work in a 2014+ frame with the different exhausts? i already compared part numbers, they are different. but the numbers i found were for head assemblies where the valves and such were included. so i am not sure if the numbers are different for something small that wont matter, or because they are drastically different. i have owned a 2010 previously. loved the motor. but rode a 15 and loved the handling more so. i just dont have either bike to sit side by side and look to see how they compare.

and yes, obviously if i come to the conclusion they are different, ill simply go with the 15 motor. 

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.