FX Axle blocks

8 replies to this topic
  • BolinJrsPit Crew

Posted March 20, 2016 - 01:29 PM

Went to adjusted my chain and found that I have two different axle blocks. Is this normal? If so what's the trick to adjust it. Left side has 9 notches and right side has 12 and they are not only different in count but different in spacing. Had to eyeball the wheel straight. What gives?

• Monk

Posted March 20, 2016 - 01:55 PM

One has a lip on it to keep the axel from spinning. I use a sag scale and measure from the center of my wheel axel to the center of my swingarm axel. Dead straight everytime...

• BolinJrsPit Crew

Posted March 20, 2016 - 02:52 PM

One has a lip on it to keep the axel from spinning. I use a sag scale and measure from the center of my wheel axel to the center of my swingarm axel. Dead straight everytime...

Good to know thanks. Been counting notches for years.

• SAthump

Posted March 20, 2016 - 03:01 PM

They are equal from the rear

Last several bikes have all been accurate

Be warned one notch can go from too loose to too tight

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RMK800

Posted March 20, 2016 - 05:19 PM

They are both equal from the rear. I took these shots before I replaced my sprocket.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458523157.513033.jpg
ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458523175.262843.jpg

• mobgma

Posted March 20, 2016 - 09:18 PM

I use these.

http://boltmotorcycl...ter-blocks.html

Love them. No more jam nut. 5 years straight.

• cowboyona426

Posted March 21, 2016 - 07:51 AM

A bit more tedious than your method, but I use a set of calipers and measure from the front edge of the axle block to the swingarm just above or below the jam nut.

• grayracer513

Posted March 21, 2016 - 01:12 PM

Potentially inaccurate.  There is no real reason to trust that the seating surface for both jam nuts is precisely equidistant from the swing arm pivot unless you measure it.

• cowboyona426

Posted March 21, 2016 - 01:33 PM

Potentially inaccurate.  There is no real reason to trust that the seating surface for both jam nuts is precisely equidistant from the swing arm pivot unless you measure it.

Potentially yes, but from my experience it's accurate.  In all the years I've done it that way I've never had issues with sprocket wear or any other issues.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.